Except that is not possible, because:
1. Zero COVID policies are instead “Delay COVID” policies, as exemplified by Australia and New Zealand. You can get it now or you can get it later, but until a certain proportion of your population develops good immunity (which unfortunately is variant dependent) your population is at risk. You can play a waiting game, or not. It wastes time, but it might take you to a less severe variant. You can run, but you can’t hide.
And the vaccines also delay things for a few months, then make you more susceptible to COVID. So they contribute nothing to a Zero COVID policy.
2. While you play wait and hide, central governments can tighten their control over the population, and implement other programs while you are under house arrest. Like installing 5G everywhere?
3. It would be folly to underestimate the knowledge and intelligence of the Chinese leadership. They know what they are doing and it is not Zero COVID.
4. Are various social control methods being tested and prototyped in China, before they are rolled out to the rest of the world? Didn’t the COVID pandemic prove that China’s technical elites are deeply enmeshed with those of the west?
5. I suggest we start paying attention to how China managed its lockdown strategies differently in Wuhan, Beijing, Tianjin, etc. Listen to the Chinese people affected. What are the Chinese authorities really trying to accomplish?