2. Masks required–masks are no more than face decorations–oh no, you need to wear an N95 https://katu.com/news/coronavirus/up-your-mask-game-for-the-new-year-health-experts-suggest
3. The vaccines are working–oh no, they only work after a booster–but in Israel they only work after a 4th shot if you are over 60, immunocompromised or a healthcare worker. https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-omicron-spreads-what-it-means-to-be-fully-vaccinated-is-changing-11640514603
4. The unvaccinated are causing the medical system to collaspse, and should be denied care–oh no, most of the hospital admissions are in the vaccinated, and thousands of fully vaccinated healthcare workers are out sick or off due to quarantines
5. The unvaxxed should pay for their own hospital care–oh no, shaming the Covid cases isn’t working now that most of them are vaccinated
6. (Thanks to a reader) Increased hospitalizations amongst children is due to Covid. No, wait! More kids are being admitted WITH Covid, not FROM Covid. Fauci actually admits this; what is he trying to get ahead of?
7. You must quarantine for 10 days from onset of symptoms or a positive COVID test (even if asymptomatic) to prevent transmission–oh no, we need workers, so 5 days will be just fine if you are improving or feel like coming back to work.
- [We were just using an abundance of caution before.]
- [We were just trying to turn down the economy a little before, but with Omicron the needle turned too far, so we are recalibrating.]
- [We were trying to drag out the pandemic as long as possible, and make everyone feel it, with the ten day rule. But with Omicron causing such a rapid upswing in cases, we had to balance our attempts to drag it out with what the economy would bear before crashing.]